We work in all main areas of law
Mag. ALEŠ VELKAVERH, odvetnik, partner
Aleš Velkaverh LL.M, graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Ljubljana (2008), receiving the Gold Award of the Faculty of Law at the University of Ljubljana for exceptional achievements. He received the Prešeren Reward of the University of Ljubljana for his graduation thesis. In 2016 he completed post-graduate programme in civil and corporate law from the same Faculty of Law and acquired the title of masters’ at law. His masters’ thesis was on the subject of guarantees for faults in sale and lease (and construction) contracts.
He passed the national bar examination in 2010. In 2012 he passed the examination for an administrator in insolvency proceedings. Since then he also works as a bankruptcy administrator. In 2009 he became an appointed court translator for English.
He joined the Law Firm Starman Velkaverh in Koper in 2008. He completed court traineeship at the Higher Court in Ljubljana (2008–2010). He continued his career in a law firm from 2010 and became a lawyer in 2012. He worked as an independent lawyer until 2020 when he joine the Law Firm Starman Velkaverh in Koper.
Areas of expertise:
- insolvency (bankruptcy) law
- construction law (administrative construction law, contraction contracts and construction disputes)
- criminal law and misdemeanours (especially corporate criminal law),
- corporate law,
- civil law (contract law, property law, inheritance law)
- maritime law (ship arrest, maritime debt collection, maritime agency services, port services, representation of P&I clubs and enforcement of claims, representing vessel owners and vessel operators)
- employment law
- tax law
- administrative law (human rights law)
Knowledge of foreign languages
- Slovenian Bar Association,
- Chamber of Insolvency Administrators of Slovenia.
Odvetniška družba Velkaverh, Štravs, Podgornik o.p., d.o.o.
Ferrarska ulica 12, 6000 Koper
Phone: +386 (0) 5 63 09 222
Fax: +386 (0) 5 63 09 225
Mobile: +386 (0) 41 279 723
For a meeting please make prior appointment.